RIPEC hosted a forum on Medicaid service delivery and payment reform, sponsored by CVS Caremark, featuring presentations by national and local experts on the ways in which public and private sector stakeholders have successfully implemented healthcare delivery and payment reform. The discussion focused on how Rhode Island’s Medicaid reform efforts compare with those in other states.
- Thomas M. Moriarty, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, CVS Caremark
- John C. Simmons, Executive Director, Rhode Island Public Expenditure Council
- Steven Costantino, Secretary, Rhode Island Executive Office of Health and Human Services
National Review Panel:
- Melissa Hansen, State Health Policy Specialist, National Conference of State Legislatures (presentation)
- Charles D. Phillips, Senior Vice President, Medicaid, CVS Caremark Corporation (presentation)
- Audrey Shelto, President, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Foundation (presentation)
- Anya Rader Wallack, President, Arrowhead Health Analytics (presentation)
Local Review Panel:
- Charles Jones, Chief Executive Officer, Thundermist Health Center (presentation)
- Elena Nicolella, Medicaid Director, Rhode Island Executive Office of Health and Human Services
- Mark Waggoner, Senior Vice President and Chief Contracting Officer, Blue Cross Blue Shield RI
WHAT: The three-hour forum focused on national and local trends in Medicaid service delivery and payment reform. There was a question and answer period after each panel.
WHEN: Thursday, January 23, 2014. Registration began at 8:15 a.m.
WHERE: CVS Caremark, 1 CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895