RIPEC hosted a forum on higher education in Rhode Island, sponsored by Fidelity, featuring presentations by national and local higher education authorities. The discussion focused on how Rhode Island’s higher education system compares nationally, upcoming challenges, the current funding structure, and projections for the future of higher education both in the Ocean State and nationally.
National Review Panel:
- Julian L. Alssid, Senior Workforce Strategist, College for America (presentation)
- Lara Couturier, Program Director, Postsecondary State Policy, Jobs for the Future (presentation)
- Sarah Flanagan, Vice President for Government Relations and Policy, National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Carlos Santiago, Senior Deputy Commissioner for Academic Affairs, Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
Local Review Panel:
- Dan Egan, Executive Director, Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Rhode Island
- Jane Gerety, RSM, President, Salve Regina University
- Clark Greene, Rhode Island Office of Higher Education (presentation)
- Eva-Marie Mancuso, Chair, Rhode Island Board of Education (presentation)
WHAT: The three-hour forum focused on the future of higher education. There was a question and answer period after each panel.
WHEN: Friday, January 10, 2014. Registration began at 8:15 a.m.
WHERE: Fidelity Investments, 900 Salem Street, Smithfield, Rhode Island